- Products & Solutions
- EMONA TIMS
- NTP CENTR
- New products
Advanced Lab Teaching – TIMS 301/C
Why TIMS ?
How can students experiment with and experience the multitude of telecommunications principles and modulation/coding schemes without the need for an entire test bench of instruments and time-consuming preparation?
This major challenge is answered by theTIMS approach to building experiments at a block diagram level."To see TIMS Teaching capabilities and to select experiments of desired topics in your curriculum, please visit our Experiments list Page.
What Is TIMS ?
TIMS (Telecommunication Instructional Modelling System), is a flexible and versatile communications trainer that incorporates all of the instruments needed to quickly and easily carry out every communications laboratory experiment required in a range of courses, from technical college to university level.
What Is Included?
The TIMS-301 BASIC SYSTEM comprises the core hardware components and documentation for a TIMS laboratory training system. The first of the two hardware components is the TIMS-301 SYSTEM UNIT with its FIXED modules (lower rack) and 12-slot upper rack for plug-in modules The second hardware component is the PLUG-IN MODULES which comprises of a large range of single function building blocks. The professor choses the modules needed to suit each specific experiment setup and these are then reused in other experiment setups.
View a brief
10 minutes video presentation
ABOUT TIMS 301
What Is Special About TIMS-301?
- ADVANCED MODULE set adds over 50 additional functions for implementing the vast range of experiment capabilities of TIMS.
- DSP-based modules are available to compare the performance of traditional electronic circuits with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques within the TIMS environment, as well as for implementing more complex schemes.
- In-house modules can be designed to fit into the TIMS system due to the open architecture of TIMS.
- The TIMS-301C includes a built-in virtual instrument for connecting to a PC to give oscilloscope functions and spectrum analysis (FFT).
- Unique to TIMS, for networking a TIMS laboratory, is ‘TIMS Trunks’. The instructor can send up to 3 telecommunications signals from the master TIMS System, to each student’s TIMS system.
- TIMS Trunks is ideal for:
- – Laboratory demonstrations
- – For making complex demodulation/decoding experiments more manageable, &
- – Excellent for practical examinations
- TIMS is fully self-contained. The only additional equipment required is an oscilloscope.
- Quick and easy to use. The front panel of each module is functionally laid out, with inputs on the left and outputs on the right hand side of the panel. All inputs and outputs are colour coded signifying the signal type: yellow for analogue signals and red for digital signals. High quality 4mm sockets are used throughout
What Are The Modules?
The BASIC MODULE SET which includes 13 BASIC plug-in modules. Three sets of manuals are included: the TIMS-301 USER MANUAL, the TIMS LABSHEET EXPERIMENTS set and the five volumes TIMS STUDENT TEXT. Details about advanced modules Details about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modulesDetails about advanced modules
System Unit with Fixed Modules
(The most commonly used modules)
(The fundamental building blocks)
Resource Centre : Download Now !